Blog Contributor Guidelines
You may be invited to write an original post or may submit a request to submit original material as a guest blogger on 1 Work Book blog. The site’s editor has full discretion about the blog’s content which should be titled and focused on a single word that plays some significant role in our life or simply a word that you have some meaningful thoughts about (just like the 1 Word Book which you
Guest writers and regular contributors should review review the premise of the 1 Word Book on our About Us page. In short, the post must be relevant to the theme of your thoughts and/or the impact of 1 specific word. Your submissions must adhere to the following guidelines in order for your submission to receive consideration for publishing on any of the aforementioned blogs:
- Posts should be a minimum of 300 and not exceed 750 words (will consider an extension of max length upon request or if deemed necessary to complete or compliment the post).
- Audience consideration: Guest posts must be useful and thought provoking to tteh reader.
- Spelling, Grammar, Language: Must be grammatically correct, free of spelling errors and profanity (editor may make corrections to spelling, grammar language)
- You must submit a high-quality photo of yourself and a bio of 150 words or less, which will appear at the end each post that you submit.
- At least 1 link to the author’s website (if applicable), blog, Facebook page or other branded online destination may be included in the bio and a high-quality photo.
- Your post will be syndicated (shared) on one or more of our social media sites (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc).
The date of the post publication will depend on the number of posts submitted by other others so as to not post them all on the same day. You will be notified in advance when your post will be published.
Once posted to social media, we recommend that you “share, like, G+, Pin, etc.” to gain maximum exposure to your social media sphere in order to aid in promoting your post as well as the site for which it is posted.
Once you submit the post, you may
- You may also independently promote the post on third-party sites such as Twitter and Facebook (by clicking on the appropriate social media link where the article appears on the blog.
- Any post that fails to remain relevant may be removed at the discretion of the site’s owner.
- All guest posts must be original (meaning written by the guest writer and that the post has not been previously published or posted elsewhere after being published to the 1 Word blog.
- Cite sources if post includes someone else’s quote.
- Posts that have been written or published elsewhere online will not be accepted as verified by Copyscape.com Plagium.com or similar source.
- Include at least one image or video
- Image or video must be one that you have personally taken or one in which you have permission to use. Copyrighted material is not permitted without the express permission of the copyright owner such as from sites like Photopin.
- When using images belonging to others, you must credit the image provider.
- Whether invited to guest blog or otherwise, site owner or blog owner reserves the right to reject or delete any post that does not provide useful information for the site’s audience.
- Your post shall not be in the form of an advertisement, but rather for informational and inspirational purposes only.
- Please note that there is no compensation to you for submission of a post as a guest writer or regular contributor.
If you know of others that may have useful information to share with our audience and would perhaps like to be a guest blogger, please have them submit an article to email@example.com
Thank for your interest or intent to guest blog and/or your actual submission.
I have read and I understand the above guidelines for being a guest blogger and I agree to adhere to those guidelines.
Signature: __________________________ Date:______________